Another great re-release from the electronic music historical archives is coming out on Mordant Music later this week (in the UK) or next week (in the US). Tod Dockstader is a fantastic artist who has been relevant for about 40 years or so. His Aerial trilogy was one of the best works of the last decade, but long before that–way back before computers and everything–he was making and releasing some really innovative, exciting music. A lot of it was collected on a 1979 Creel Pone LP called, simply, Electronic. This album is now being re-released on the Mordant Music label as Electronic Vol. 1 (with a Vol. 2 to be released later). I’ve only heard the clips below, but they sound fantastic, and I can’t wait to hear more.
For more info, check out the clips below or visit Mordant Music. Buy the LP at Boomkat or download it from any of the usual suspects.
- 1,000 years from now, no one will remember me or you or Mitt Romney, but everyone will remember Neil Armstrong. RIP
- Can we just vote now so we don’t have to live through the next three months?
- Box Springs album The Signature Project: Volume One is now available for no charge at Bandcamp. Check it out now. http://goo.gl/1nQ9c
- Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha http://j.mp/NVbzTB
- Caroline is sleepy http://instagr.am/p/KHFdmqHWVQ/
- It’s rare that music can make someone wish for blindness #Madonna #Superbowl
- No hitter for Jered Weaver! Awesome!
- If I could ask a question at the Pres debates, it would be: “Gov Romney, do you believe the garden of eden is in Missouri?”
- Fabulous job, #USMNT Tim Howard was on fire, and the defense was fantastic. Revenge for Gold Cup loss. Sweet!
- The cool Brazilian soccer players have TWO names.
- I’d enjoy #thevoice more if the celebrity judges were Tom Waits, Bjork, Thom Yorke, and Marcel Marceau
- I’m going to stop complaining about my sore left knee now… amazing http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/aug/09/london-2012-usa-relay-broken-leg …
- Are there any fat vegans?
For more (good and bad), visit @hauntedink
Box Springs Audio Workshop’s album The Signature Project: Volume One is now available for no charge at Bandcamp. Check it out now.